Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I NEVER REALIZED I WAS ADDICTED...




Did you know that sugar is FOUR TIMES more addictive to our brains than COCAINE?

I read that statistic in a doctor's report the other day and I think that's just insane!

When I was younger I never thought to myself, "When I grow up, I'm going to be a drug addict." But now I am an adult and I am pumping into my body a "drug" more dangerous for me than an illegal substance killing thousands of people every year. And I do it with a smile on my face.

Did you also know when the food companies try to reduce the fat content in their food to make it more appealing to the public perception, they will add SUGAR as their main substitute for fat? And that once the sugar enters your bloodstream it causes your whole system to become inflamed to a point that, over time, it will cause your body to destroy itself?

All from a little bit of sweetener added to my daily cup of tea.

I promised myself I would take baby steps this time. I promised myself I would be honest with myself and so I must look myself in the mirror and announce to the world what my heart knew all along...

I'M ADDICTED TO SUGAR!

There. I feel better now. Now I just need to figure out a way to break my habit and I think I might have found a way...



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to here from you!