Thursday, January 22, 2015

DERAILING MY SUGAR FIX...





So, in my last post I said I think I might have a way to derail my sugar fix. I have other medical issues to consider and they all impact my eating habits. Remember those little steps I said I needed to take?

Little step number one:

Identify the problem. The problem is that I probably have consumed enough sugar over the years to sludge up my bloodstream to just short of concrete. THAT'S a terrifying thought. But I believe it's never too late to turn around and head in a healthier direction.

Little step number two:

Start searching for information that will help me reach that goal of breaking that sugar cycle. The first article I stumbled across is one from Dr. Mark Hyman's blog.




I started reading and thought to myself...this guy makes sense to me. He might just be talking smack, but it's smack I like. Here is a link to the article I read:

http://drhyman.com/blog/2014/03/06/top-10-big-ideas-detox-sugar/

He also wrote a book called the 10 Day Detox Diet.



I can buy this book and fully commit to taking charge of my life. But I'm scared. When it comes to losing weight I've dealt with so many medical issues which complicate the weight loss that I'm also afraid to even hope this will help me.

Little step number three:

Decide on a course of action.

Oh, should I take this little step? Will it be what I'm looking for??

What would YOU do?



http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0316230022/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A21UNXQ0T4N38

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to here from you!