Thursday, January 8, 2015

ARE YOU A "HUNGRY GIRL" GIRL?






No, I don't mean this kind of hungry...where you grab a plate and see how much it can hold before spillover. For being overweight, I'm really not a person who spends every waking moment thinking about food. Just ask my sister...when we are running around on Saturday doing our errands, I can literally go all day long without even thinking about eating. So that's not my problem.

I have my list of favorites like anyone else. Here are the four "C" foods I will indulge in even if I'm not particularly hungry

1. Chicken
2. Chinese
3. Cheese
4. Chocolate

CHICKEN

Chicken I eat every day...sometimes three times a day. It's surprising I haven't started clucking a long time ago. I use to also eat a lot of carrots (another "C" food) until my skin literally started to turn orange and my doctor told me to step away from the carrots!

CHINESE

Chinese is VERY tempting to me so for right now I have to just avoid it like the plague. Remember the whole control thing I talked about in my last post? Yeah, this is where I have none if you drop me down in the middle of a Chinese restaurant so I just don't go there right now...maybe I'll be back one day.

CHEESE

I like every type of cheese from fat free cream cheese to those little triangles of Laughing Cow spreadable cheese to Monterey Jack and Sharp Cheddar hard blocks of cheese. From grilled cheese sandwiches to shredded on my salad to pieces dunked into spinach dip, I love cheese!

CHOCOLATE

Chocolate is dangerous for me. It's not like I'm allergic to it. My son was, however, until he was a teenager so guess who was left to eat the chocolate holiday candy that came his way? The reason why chocolate is bad for me is because it is my number one "go to" food when I'm upset or stressed. I'm an emotional eater and I allow myself to indulge in chocolate whenever I have challenges in my life that make me uncomfortable. My goal in 2015 is to slowly find other ways to replace the chocolate in my life...







One of the websites I've come across to help me claw my way back to a healthier me is Lisa Lillian's HUNGRY GIRL website. You can find it at www.hungry-girl.com. This fabulous website has it all. You can sign up for a free daily email with healthy tips and tricks. There is a Facebook page, a Twitter page, a recipe archive, The Hungry Girl Diet book as well as other Hungry Girl books, a Pinterest account, and even the Hungry Girl TV show!

This is one of your one stop shop websites and if I can't find things to help me on my journey, I seriously need to consider getting my eyesight checked!

Maybe you're already a Hungry Girl or maybe you are still struggling like me to figure out how to regain control of your life. It's okay...we're in this together and 2015 is gonna be a great year for us Hungry Girls...;~)

Hopefully you'll be seeing a lot less of ME real soon!

Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to here from you!