Thursday, September 10, 2015

The Blister Zone

File:Nordic walking on treadmill.jpg



So I'm happy to report three days into my new, healthier lifestyle I have managed to get out of bed when my alarm goes off and make it to the gym on time to do my new workout routine.

Did I mention I was crazy enough to join TWO gyms? At the SAME TIME!!

But before you call the men in the white coats to come cart me away to the loony bin, I had a very good reason for doing so. I don't know if you have a thing like Groupon where you live but it is a company that basically offers cool things for little money in the hopes of getting new clientele in the door of their businesses. A month ago Groupon ran a special from the gym located right next door to where I work. It was a heck of a deal...three months unlimited training for $49...so I bought it. Then about three weeks ago, a different gym company close to my house offered a great deal as well...unlimited training for $10 per month with no contract...so I signed up for that one too.

I go to the gym by my house on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for 30 minutes of cardio (treadmill or bike) and 30 minutes stretching (because I want to kick my Taekwondo instructor in the head one day!). Then on Tuesdays and Thursdays I go to the gym next to my place of work for 30 minutes of cardio (treadmill or bike) and 30 minutes on either abs work, back work, or legs work. If I have a meeting during the week like I sometimes do then I will pick up a Saturday or Sunday for the workout I missed.

The gym membership by my work runs out December 1st. I would have gone with them for an extended membership after my special but their prices were 4X what I am paying at the gym by my house and I like the overall atmosphere of the other gym better anyway. Come December I will just switch to going to the gym by my house five days a week.

Sounds like a good plan, right? There's only one thing I didn't anticipate that almost stopped me in my tracks the very first day.

The Blister Zone

You know what I mean...when you work out on a treadmill in those brand new shoes that haven't been broken in yet and about five minutes into your workout your little toe is on fire because you've rubbed the little sucker raw and a monstrous blister has formed to torture you! I didn't want to stop my workout so I finished the hour out before checking the damage. My goodness, the blister on my right toe looked like a alien thing had landed on the side of my foot! It was so huge that once I got my shoe off to bandage it up, I literally couldn't put my shoe back on and had to switch to sandals.

Did I let my first day injury stop me? HECK NO! I'm in this for the long haul so I worked out in sandals yesterday and today. The gym by my house has a poster advising they don't want to see people in sandals at their facility. While I respect their request, I can't get to the store to buy better shoes until the weekend so they will have to work with me and my poor damaged toe until then because this pudgy momma has a treadmill to conquer!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to here from you!